21/22SY - District Coordinator Visual Impairment Support/Services (INTERNAL ONLY)
- 21/22SY - District Coordinator Visual Impairment Support/Services (INTERNAL ONLY) JobID: 2005
- Position Type:
21/22 SY - Internal
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Consults with the service providers to determine needs of students with visual impairment.
- Collaborates with the ESS Department Administrative Assistant to ensure purchase orders are in place for technology packages and any rental of equipment.
- Consult with District Staff, Contracted Service Providers and Parents.
- Maintains an accurate count of students with visual impairment services.
- Attends in-service trainings and meetings as directed.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead School Psychologist and ESS Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates organizational and leadership skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; communicates professionally with the ability to write District correspondence and publications.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, parents and members of the community. Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Ability to explain District issues, practices and procedures in a logical and concise manner.
- Ability to use good judgement in establishing priorities and making decisions in the absence of specific direction.
- Team player, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the District staff, administrators, media, parents, and the community.
- Ability to use discretion in releasing or distributing confidential information.
- Works effectively under pressure on multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Capable of working independently and across workgroups.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred but not necessary.
- Required – Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field
- Content area endorsement(s) or evidence demonstrating completion of endorsement within one school year.
- Valid Arizona Certificate
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Knowledge of LEA Representative Responsibilities
TITLE: ESS Visual Impairment Coordinator
REPORTS TO: ESS Director
COMPENSATION: $2,000.00 Stipend
JOB DESCRIPTION: Position is responsible for managing and overseeing coordination of services, equipment and technology needs for students with visual impairment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: