21/22SY - Assessment and Evaluation Specialist
- 21/22SY - Assessment and Evaluation Specialist JobID: 2012
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
TITLE: Assessment and Evaluation Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: District Office
REPORTS TO: Chief Academic Officer
SUMMARY: Assessment and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for analyzing and disseminating student achievement data, as well as coordinating, scheduling and monitoring the administration of student assessments. The position will support schools and the district with the student achievement elements of the new evaluation system.
1. Provide technical expertise and assistance to district and school administrators on data collection, data analysis, and use of multiple assessment programs to develop Continuous Improvement Plans and monitor progress.
2. Collaborate with district, school, and external agencies on the use of student achievement data as it relates to the teacher and principal evaluation system.
3. Collaborate with the district and school administrators to align research/evaluation efforts and supports as they relate to district and school goals and initiatives.
4. Maintain communications within and among district and school leadership.
5. Present statistics and data analysis findings to district and school leadership.
6. Use available technologies to create systems to aggregate and disaggregate student information data.
7. Coordinate and monitor the assessment programs within the district, including providing appropriate professional development on test administration, data collection, and accessing data reports.
8. Collaborate with the Chief Academic Officer on the development of a district wide assessment schedule to ensure effective and efficient data collection on student learning and state guidelines.
9. Collaborate with the Chief Academic Officer and Assessments to design and deliver professional development to teachers and administrators.
10. Assist teachers and school leaders with the creation and/or acquisition of summative and formative assessments for all content areas.
11. Create forms, protocols, and reports that will enable leaders to make informed decisions and monitor program effectiveness.
12. Create structures to report student data in a manner that is comprehensible and useful for all stakeholders.
13. Facilitate and participate in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions of assignment.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in related field.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Arizona K-8 Standard Teaching Certificate preferred
Arizona Principal Certificate preferred.
• Experience with the use of multiple assessment systems, data analysis tools, and statistical analysis
• Experience with curriculum and assessment
• Must have experience with computers and be able to utilize a variety of software (including developing PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, and Excel.
• Must have an ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively.
• Must have an ability to work cooperatively with all staff including principals, teachers, directors and supervisors.
The working environment is the normal office setting with travel to school sites.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month employee, Classified Professional Exempt Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Governing Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy on evaluation of administrative staff.