21/22 SY - Speech Language Pathologist
- 21/22 SY - Speech Language Pathologist JobID: 2043
- Position Type:
Student Support Services/Speech and Language Pathologist
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   JOB TITLE: Speech Language Pathologist
- Evaluate children referred for speech, voice, fluency and language assessment.
- Prepare assessment reports for all students evaluated.
- Participates in the development of individual evaluation plans (IEP) for disabled students receiving speech language therapy as a primary or support service.
- Recommends appropriate treatment of students included in a speech treatment program.
- Serves as a consultant to the student evaluation teams at each school.
- Prepares progress reports for students, parents, and teachers.
- Serves as a consultant to teachers in developing classroom programs to enhance student communication functioning
- Will supervise speech language pathology assistance
- Will participate in IEP meetings
- Recommends appropriate materials and equipment needed to meet the needs of children receiving services.
- Recommends referrals to outside agencies as needed.
- May include supervision of Speech Language Pathologist Assistants.
- Performances other duties as assigned by the Director of ESS.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Valid Arizona license and certificate in speech and language impairment
- Experience in speech and language therapy, evaluation, and treatment of children preferred.
- Must hold a Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) or be ready to begin the Clinical Fellowship Year.
REPORTS TO: Director of ESS
POSITION SUMMARY: To contribute to the student's ability to benefit from their education by evaluating and treating those student's with deficits in the areas of: speech, fluency, and language development which impede the learning process and to advise teachers on ways to improve their students' communication abilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The working environment is a classroom setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month, Occupational Therapist Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff