21/22 SY - Receptionist Student Services Center
- 21/22 SY - Receptionist Student Services Center JobID: 1967
- Position Type:
Student Support Services
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Student Services Center Receptionist
- Serve as public relations liaison in answering telephones, taking messages, returning telephone calls, and receiving visitors.
- Provide a positive District image for all visitors and personnel requesting information or services.
- Provide information for general inquiries or applicant requests.
- Operate the telephone system to relay incoming and inter-office telephone calls.
- Maintain an updated list of phone numbers for directing inquiries.
- Process Board room requests, maintain calendar of availability, and work with custodians for set-ups.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to greet the public.
- Ability to provide information and direction and handle difficult situations.
- Ability to work in situations where multiple activities are occurring simultaneously.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish helpful but not required
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, telephone communication, and preparation of written communication including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Type 40 words per minute.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and applications.
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Director
SUMMARY: The student services center receptionist will provide friendly and efficient receptionist services.
High school diploma or equivalency.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Previous experience operating console telephone operations or PBX operation is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.