21/22 SY - Reading Coach
- 21/22 SY - Reading Coach JobID: 2072
- Position Type:
Academic Services/Instructional Coach
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   TITLE: Reading Coach
- Demonstrates knowledge of scientifically based reading programs and strategies.
- Understands core reading programs, supplemental programs, and intervention programs and serves as a consultant to the K-8 staff regarding these programs.
- Demonstrates experience with effective coaching models.
- Works with all teachers of reading (classroom, Title I, and special education), as directed for in class instructional support: planning, observing, or modeling.
- Supports the professional development efforts by facilitating and/or participating in extended & extracurricular opportunities, grade level team meetings, online and traditional courses, whole or half-day in-services, coaching, team teaching and mentoring.
- Observes and monitors teachers through the district’s coaching model with feedback.
- Models explicit scientifically based instructional reading strategies
- Interprets assessment data, both formal and informal, with teachers to drive instruction.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborates with district coaches to develop and facilitate professional development; regarding age appropriate interventions for grade bands.
- Collaborates with English Language Acquisition Specialist to embed ESL and language development techniques into content area curriculum and professional development.
- Collaborates with members of the Teaching and Learning Division to plan and deliver professional development.
- Collaborates with members of the Teaching and Learning Division to plan extended and supplementary student learning experiences (Enrichment Camps, Summer School and/or 21st CCLC/Extended Day Programs).
- Performs other coaching related duties that may be assigned.
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing staff development.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, teachers, support staff, and parents.
Required – Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field
Preferred – Master’s Degree in education or related field
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Required – Valid Arizona teacher certification
Required – Reading Endorsement or evidence demonstrating completion of endorsement within one school year.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years teaching experience
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Month, Certified Coach & Teacher on Special Assignment Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.