21/22 SY - Program Coordinator of ESS Preschool
- 21/22 SY - Program Coordinator of ESS Preschool JobID: 2015
- Position Type:
Certified Coach-Teacher on Assignment
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Guide the development and implementation of short and long-range plans in conjunction with the ESS Director for achieving ESS preschool classroom goals while staying in alignment with the school district’s strategic plan.
- Direct ESS preschool services and ensure that students have access to the school district’s core curriculum.
- Monitor the development and implementation of all aspects of the ESS preschool classrooms.
- Collaborate with Early Childhood Director and Supervisor regarding the placement of students within the District and Head Start preschool classrooms.
- Oversee and direct the allocation of ESS Preschool placements.
- Oversee and direct allocation of resources with the assistance and oversight of the ESS Director and Early Childhood Director.
- Monitor compliance with Governing Board policies, State and Federal laws as they apply to special education programs and services.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all interested parties and respond to concerns of parents, teachers, building and district office administrator and community.
- Maintain accurate database and files of former and current students served in ESS preschool classrooms.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments, collect and analyze data, use pertinent data to refine and improve the programs.
- Plan, implement and facilitate professional development/in-services for school site and program staff.
- Plan, implement and facilitate professional development for principals and general education teachers when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
TITLE: Program Coordinator of ESS Preschool
REPORTS TO: ESS Director
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the ESS Director the position is responsible for the leadership and supervision of the District’s ESS Preschool Developmental Programs, services and daily operations
Bachelor’s Degree in education or related fielded from an accredited college of university. Master’s degree preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
· Valid Arizona’s Teacher or Principal Certification or other related certification;
· Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona’s Department of Public Safety.
Three (3) to (5) years of alternative education teaching and/or leadership experience required, preferably at the elementary level.
· Demonstrate skill for developing, monitoring, and evaluating curriculum, instruction as it pertains to special education and Early Childhood.
· Knowledge of school law particularly as it applies to special education.
· Knowledge of data analysis, curriculum, and instruction.
· Knowledge of effective structures for collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
· Demonstrated skill for organizing coordinating, supervising and evaluating programs.
· Understanding and experience in the best practices for English Language Learners (ELL), special education, and Early Childhood learners.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Ability to promote and follow Board and District policies.
· Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting.
The work environment is the standard office and school settings.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
12 Month, Certified Coach & Teacher on Special Assignment Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy