21/22 SY - IT Technician II
- 21/22 SY - IT Technician II JobID: 2063
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: IT Technician II
- Analyzes, through diagnostics, problem areas in Telephony, Mobile Communications and other communication systems and takes appropriate action to resolve system issues.
- Configure software and hardware on digital system to accommodate specific District requirements.
- Monitor and maintain technical aspects of operating a digital telephone system at a level acceptable to District standards for efficient communications.
- Provide system analyses for decisions on functions associated with software and hardware configurations of the communication system.
- Survey, install and inspect wire and cable equipment and assist in the design of wire and cable plant.
- Maintain facility records and supplies.
- Maintain voicemail system.
- Check all emergency lines to ensure they are working properly.
- Perform occasional night and weekend work.
- Attend training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of wiring and installation, digital telecommunications hardware configurations and telecommunication data transmission.
- Skills in using computer systems, telephone system programming and maintenance procedures, and setup and configuring hunt groups.
- Able to bend, climb, kneel, lift and carry pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
SUMMARY: The telecommunications systems technician will provide technical services in the installation and maintenance of the District’s telecommunication system.
High school diploma or equivalency.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Appropriate technical experience, completion of system certification courses.
Arizona driver’s license and good driving record.
Four-years of experience in telecommunications which includes one-year of maintaining telecommunication systems or any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education approved by the district.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment conditions include poor lighting, exposure to dirt and dust, extreme seasonal temperatures, and noise and vibrations from machinery.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.