21/22 SY - Guest/Substitute Teacher
- 21/22 SY - Guest/Substitute Teacher JobID: 2133
- Position Type:
Teacher - K-5/Substitute Teaching
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   Additional Information:
TITLE: Guest/Substitute Teacher
REPORTS TO: School Administrator
SUMMARY: In the absence of the classroom teacher, the guest teacher provides instruction, encourages student progress, and manages the learning environment. The Guest Teacher will carry out duties and responsibilities under the supervision and guidance of the school principal, assistant principal, teacher on special assignment and/or mentor teacher.
1. Follows professional practices consistent with district policies in working with students, student records, parents, and colleagues.
2. Reports to office upon arrival at school; checks mailbox of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention; requests clarification of school rules and procedures as necessary.
3. Follows lesson plans as provided by teacher and/or school administrator(s).
4. Maintains adequate supervision to ensure health, welfare, and safety of all students.
5. Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline concerns to the building administrator(s).
6. Maintains discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment.
7. Adheres to daily schedule as provided by school administrator(s).
8. Participates in staff meetings and professional development as necessary.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with district policies and practices.
EDUCATION: Finishing an accredited teacher preparation program Or Bachelor Degree or Higher
EXPERIENCE: Evidence of current enrollment in an accredited teacher preparation program
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Arizona Substitute Teacher Certification or Arizona Teacher Certification Or Valid Arizona Emergency Substitute Teacher Certification or Arizona (Emergency) Teacher Certification
Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
The working environment is the normal classroom setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Certified Substitute Schedule, employee benefits in
accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified