21/22 SY-Fixed Assets/Courier
- 21/22 SY-Fixed Assets/Courier JobID: 2073
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Deliver and pick up warrants and vouchers to and from the District to the county.
- Deliver Governing Board packets.
- Deliver and pick up inter-office and inter-school mail and other items as needed.
- Deliver other official District mail.
- Stamp outgoing mail.
- Sort District postal mail.
- Receive inventories and store supplies, books, materials, and equipment. Compare received shipments against purchasing documents to detect errors or omissions and check for visible damages.
- Responsible for maintaining (replenishing oil, gas, water, and checking tires) and requesting maintenance for delivery vehicle and noting needs for mechanical repairs.
- Input items received in computer inventory and forward shipping invoices and packaging slips to accounts payable clerk.
- Maintain a computerized record of District’s fixed assets including location.
- Tag equipment with District identification labels and inventory numbers.
- Reconcile fixed-assets records.
- Work with auditors to compile and review asset inventory and reconciliation.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology for data entry and knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to use office equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge in fixed assets procedures and accountability from acquisitions through transfers.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, push and pull 50 pounds and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, and addresses and to communicate with co-workers.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
TITLE: Fixed Assets/Courier
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
SUMMARY: The fixed assets/courier will provide delivery services of official District mail and will provide an accurate inventory of fixed assets.
High school diploma or equivalency required.
Two years of college or associate degree, preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Arizona Class 4 driver’s license and a good driving record.
Previous warehouse experience is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Some of the work is performed in an office or school setting. Some of the work requires driving to schools, county and state education departments, and businesses.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, classified hourly salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.