21/22 SY - District Arts Coordinator (INTERNAL)
- 21/22 SY - District Arts Coordinator (INTERNAL) JobID: 1966
- Position Type:
21/22 SY - Internal
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   TITLE: District Arts Coordinator
- Prepares and coordinates the district’s arts activities and events calendar.
- Organize direct supervision of students during Performing Art events, activities, programs and practices.
- Oversees district-wide arts shows, programs, and performances.
- Secure event locations and workers for Performing Arts contests, judges, etc. and submit the list of contacted workers for that contest to the event supervisor prior to the event.
- Submit Performance Arts expense request sheets for payment of judges and other workers to district office.
- Take care of travel arrangements and overnight accommodations for participants (and coaches) competing in competitions offsite.
- Work with coaching staff and transportation supervisor for travel to schedule departure times and provide bus supervision with trip sheets.
- Inventories, orders and stocks supplies. (Ex: cheer uniforms)
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency and/or injury.
- Order contest or competition awards.
- Responsible for public and community relations with respect to district-wide arts programs.
- Attends in-service trainings and meetings as directed
- Acts as a resource person and coordinator for all Performing Arts teachers and coaches.
- Communicate regularly with school sites and District personnel.
- Evaluate all Performing Arts programs on an annual basis. Make recommendations for improvement to the building principal and district administrator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates organizational and leadership skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; communicates professionally with the ability to write District correspondence and publications.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, parents and members of the community. Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Ability to explain District issues, practices and procedures in a logical and concise manner.
- Ability to use good judgement in establishing priorities and making decisions in the absence of specific direction.
- Team player, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the District staff, administrators, media, parents, and the community.
- Ability to use discretion in releasing or distributing confidential information.
- Works effectively under pressure on multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Capable of working independently and across workgroups.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred but not necessary.
- Required – Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field
- Content area endorsement(s) or evidence demonstrating completion of endorsement within one school year.
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certificate
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Knowledge of art position as applicable.
CLASSIFICATION: Certified or Classified
COMPENSATION: $3,500 Stipend
JOB DESCRIPTION: Position is responsible for managing and overseeing Performing Art Programs within the district.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: