21/22 SY - Director of Social Emotional Learning
- 21/22 SY - Director of Social Emotional Learning JobID: 1957
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Work collaboratively with the Director for Teacher Effectiveness and Instruction, Director of Federal Programs and Grants, Director of ESS, and the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning to facilitate the development of the District RTI model.
- Works collaboratively with the Director for Teacher Effectiveness and other Directors in the Division to facilitate the creation of the District professional development plan.
- Works collaboratively with the Data and Evaluation Specialist and the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning to facilitate the selection or creation of the District social emotional screener and threat to self assessment.
- Supervises the selection, ordering, and implementation of Tier1 and Tier 2 social emotional and behavior program materials for general education.
- Supervises the District crisis response team.
- Supervises the District suicide prevention professional development plan.
- Supervises the Lead Social Worker and campus Social Workers.
- Supervises the campus Counselors.
- Supports Principals with the implementation of threat assessments (threat to others).
- Supports campus Leadership Teams in the development of Tier 1 and 2 Social Emotional Learning.
- Assists the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning and the Executive Director for Leadership and Learning in the development of a 5-year plan for Social Emotional learning, including collaboration with outside service agencies, professional development, behavior management program, and student discipline practices/policy.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning and the other Directors in the Division, attends and provides administrative supervision during District extra-curricular events and supplementary student learning experiences.
- Supervises the Lead Nurse and consults with the ESS Director regarding the health needs of ESS students and their assigned nursing staff.
- Provides professional development and training to staff regarding Section 504 and assists Principals in the development of Section 504 accommodation plans
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of school law
- Knowledge of social emotional learning best practices
- Knowledge of social work best practices
- Knowledge of counseling best practices
- Knowledge of effective structures for collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated skill for organizing coordinating, supervising and evaluating programs
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting
TITLE: Director of Social Emotional Learning
CLASSIFICATION: District Office Administrator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Teaching and Learning
SUMMARY: The Director of Emotional Learning assists the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning in leading all Tier 1 and Tier 2 social emotional learning for general education.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Education or Related Field
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Arizona Certification and/or License Required
Valid Arizona Supervisor Certificate Preferred
3 years experience as a social worker, counselor or related service field
Principal experience preferred
The work environment is the standard office and school settings.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month exempt in accordance with the District Office Administrator Salary Schedule. Employee benefits in accordance with Governing Board polices.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy.