21/22 SY - Counselor
- 21/22 SY - Counselor JobID: 2001
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Collaborate with Instructional Coach, Social Worker, and School Administration to train staff on Tier 1 SEL strategies, including relationship building, trauma informed teaching, and whole group behavior management techniques.
- Collaborate with general education staff to develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of Tier 1 and Tier 2 social and behavioral interventions.
- Engage in SEL elements of the RTI process.
- Contribute to the development of social-behavioral elements of the IEP process.
- When applicable, participate in the Campus Leadership team meetings.
- Assist in crisis intervention, e.g., suicide assessment, threat to others assessments.
- Provide a range of psychological services including class, group, and individual counseling.
- Collaborate with parents and outside community agencies in efforts to support students social and behavioral needs.
- Participate in District crisis response team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or Psychology
- Current Arizona Counseling Certification
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Experience or relevant work with similar demographic population as RSD
- Clinical or license to deliver therapy is preferred.
REPORTS TO: Director for Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
SUMMARY: The Counselor’s primary duties are to provide direct counseling and to consult with other staff in providing quality Tier 1 SEL services to students.
Experience working with an ethnically diverse urban population
Experience delivering therapy services is preferred
Bilingual skills are preferred
Ability to work effectively with district and school site administrators, teachers, support staff, parents and community agencies
The working environment is a district and site setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Certified, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.