21/22 SY - 2nd Grade Teacher
- 21/22 SY - 2nd Grade Teacher JobID: 2170
- Position Type:
Teacher - K-5
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Teachers share primary responsibility for implementing the district's required
curriculum, as set forth in the curriculum scope and sequence adopted by the
- Each teacher shall be provided with a copy of the curriculum scope and
sequence at the beginning of each school year which shall include the key
district policies and procedures relating to implementation of the instructional
- Teachers are expected to prepare and have available for review upon request
weekly lesson plans.
- All teachers will be required to submit substitute lesson plans which will be
updated quarterly or as needed.
- Teachers will assign mandatory homework in support of the instructional program.
- Teachers are expected to maintain up-to-date grade books which record
student achievement on classroom assignments, tests, homework, projects
and other assigned activities.
- Teachers are expected to instruct and guide student achievement toward
meeting the districted-mandated competencies in each content area.
- Teachers are expected to follow all state and district testing guidelines.
- Teachers will prepare and disseminate report cards according to district
guidelines and procedures.
- All-day kindergartens and grades 1-8 will include at least one (1) special area
- Teachers will complete and submit substitute evaluation forms through the
principal to the Human Resources Department.
- Teachers are expected to provide a classroom environment which protects
the health, safety and welfare of all students.
- Teachers will implement the assertive discipline approach to student
discipline in all classrooms.
- Teachers will share with administrators the responsibility to provide
adequate supervision of students.
- Teachers will assist in the maintenance of student records, including
attendance accounting and cumulative folders.
- Teachers will share the responsibility for the care of equipment and
instructional materials assigned or allocated to their classrooms and
will assist administration in the maintenance of up-to-date inventory lists.
- Each teacher may be required to participate in scheduled in-service
workshops during the normal workday. Every effort will be made to
have substitutes and/or administration supervise the classes of
- Any non-reimbursed in service program may not require teachers to
stay past the normal workday.
- Each teacher is expected to attend and participate in scheduled
meetings at the unit school, not to exceed two (2) hours per month
beyond the scheduled workday. Meetings may not be scheduled for
Friday afternoons except in emergencies.
- Teachers selected by the REA will participate yearly in the development
of in-service programs/workshops.
- Teachers are expected to maintain positive, professional relationships with
parents, teachers are to communicate with parents regarding academic
progress and student behavior.
- Teachers will be required to attend at least two (2) scheduled evening
parent-teacher conferences at the unit school.
- Traveling special area teachers may only be required to attend one
(1) evening parent-teacher conference per semester.
- Teachers will be expected to attend at least two (2) Parent-Teacher
functions at the unit school in addition to the parent-teacher conferences
(teachers are encouraged to attend all meetings and functions).
Open House may count as one of the functions.
- Employees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with
the effective and orderly operation of the District.
TITLE: 2nd Grade Teacher
REPORTS TO: School Administrator
SUMMARY: Teacher is expected to carry out duties and responsibilities
under the supervision and guidance of the school principal,
assistant principal and/or teacher on special assignment.
A. Implementation of Instructional Program
B. Supervision of Students
Bachelor Degree or Higher
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid Arizona Teaching Certification
AZ Endorsement Subject Specific
Fingerprint Clearance Card
The working environment is the normal classroom setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Certified Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.