21/22 Finance Analyst
- 21/22 Finance Analyst JobID: 2146
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Provide customer service in an educational environment, engaging and encouraging communication while interacting with administrators, supervisors, and staff.
- Respond to inquiries of district personnel, board members, auditors, vendors, etc. for the purpose of providing information and/or direction for resolving questions/issues.
- Process financial transactions in the area of Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and/or Purchasing (as assigned by Administration), inputting information into financial system software, analyzing transactions for compliance with district, state, and federal requirements.
- Research and resolve discrepancies and incomplete information on financial documentation.
- Maintain office file systems (computerized and manual) for audit, reporting and processing purposes; secure confidential and sensitive documentation following established procedures; archive and purge records according to established procedures and timelines.
- Open, sort, and date stamp mail.
- Use computer software applications including word processing, email, and spreadsheet.
- Use office equipment including copy machines, printers, fax, and calculators.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- A high level of English proficiency is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills is required.
- Ability to use standard office equipment (including copy machine, printer, and fax) and a computer for word processing, spreadsheets, and data entry with a high degree of proficiency.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use independent judgment in setting priorities and making decisions.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- For the Fixed Assets assignment: Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, push and pull 50 pounds and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
TITLE: Finance Analyst
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
SUMMARY: The Finance Analyst will be responsible for processing and maintaining documentation of approved financial transactions in the area of Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and/or Purchasing, as required by district, state and federal requirements.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
EXPERIENCE: Three years of related office experience is necessary, with demonstrated ability for office practices, procedures, and duties relevant to the department.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment is the normal office setting; Fixed Asset assignment may include time in warehouse or other locations to tag/inventory assets.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.