2020 - Summer School Reading Interventionist Teacher
- 2020 - Summer School Reading Interventionist Teacher (Internal Only) JobID: 1749
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
TITLE: Summer School Reading Interventionist
REPORTS TO: Summer Program Lead
The Summer School Reading Intervention Teacher will work directly with students who are not making adequate progress in literacy skills as identified by District Benchmark Assessments. The Summer School Reading Interventionist will work with small groups of struggling readers and provide targeted, explicit instructions as outlined by summer program pacing guides.
1. Provide direct instruction and teach the objectives outlined in summer school curriculum, as recommended by Academic Services.
2. Ensure all lesson plans and instruction is taught in accordance with Common Core.
3. Supervise all students to ensure safe and organized programing.
4. Demonstrate positive classroom management.
5. Maintain effective communication with site and district staff as it relates to student needs.
6. Work collaboratively with summer school staff involved in making instructional decisions for students.
7. Work with struggling readers to provide appropriate interventions.
8. Provide guidance to the classroom teacher and program lead regarding planning and implementing appropriate interventions.
9. Communicate with parents of Move on with Reading students regarding promotion or retention based on student growth.
10. Accurately maintain all necessary documentation and records.
11. Utilize data to ensure all instruction is targeted at individual student learning goals.
12. Attend and participate in required meetings/professional development.
13. Participate in end of summer school feedback and personal reflection.
14. Perform other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Lead and District Staff.
Teaching experience required in teaching the five essential components in reading.