20/21 - Virtual Academy Program Supervisor
- 20/21 - Virtual Academy Program Supervisor JobID: 1900
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Guide the development and implementation of short and long-range plans in conjunction with the Executive Director of Leadership and Learning and Executive Director of Innovation and Learning for achieving Virtual Academy goals while staying in alignment with the school district’s strategic plan.
- Direct the implementation of the online digital learning platform and ensure that students have access to the school district’s core curriculum.
- Monitor the development and implementation of all aspects of the virtual learning process.
- Establish and monitor communication systems for teachers, students, and families regarding student progress and program updates.
- Collaborate with the Director of Social and Emotional Learning to incorporate social-emotional learning and supports to students within the program.
- Oversee and direct allocation of resources with the assistance and oversight of the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning.
- Monitor compliance with Governing Board policies, State and Federal laws as they apply to virtual learning, curriculum, and instructional minutes.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all interested parties and respond to concerns of parents, teachers, building and district office administrator and community members.
- Maintain an accurate database, files, attendance records, and academic progress of students in virtual academy.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments, collect and analyze data, use pertinent data to refine and improve the programs.
- Plan, implement and facilitate professional development/in-services for program staff.
- Coach, develop schedules, and use evaluation checklist for Learning Management System.
- Recruit, hire, and support teaching and support staff.
- Supervise all virtual academy staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate skill for developing, monitoring, and evaluating curriculum, instruction as it pertains to virtual learning environments.
- Knowledge of school law
- Knowledge of data analysis, curriculum, and instruction
- Knowledge of effective structures for collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated skill for organizing coordinating, supervising and evaluating programs
- Understanding and experience in the best practices for English Language Learners, (ELL) special education, and gifted and talented learners.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to promote and follow Board and District policies.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting.
The work environment is the standard office and school settings.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month exempt in accordance with the District Office Administrator Salary Schedule. Employee benefits in accordance with Governing Board polices.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy
TITLE: Virtual Academy Program Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: District Office Administrator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Leadership and Learning
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Executive Director of Leadership and Learning the position is responsible for the creation, leadership, administration and supervision of the District’s Virtual Academy programs, services, and daily operations.
Bachelors Degree in education or related fielded from an accredited college of university. Masters degree preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
· Valid Arizona’s Teacher or Principal Certification or other related certification;
· Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona’s Department of Public Safety
Three to five years of virtual teaching and/or leadership experience required, preferably at the elementary level.