20/21 SY - School Leader Intern
- 20/21 SY - School Leader Intern JobID: 1939
- Position Type:
Certified Coach-Teacher on Assignment
- Date Posted:
Ignacio Conchos Elemetary
- Closing Date:
- Ability to work with principal, staff and parents on strategies that assist in continuously improving student achievement and instruction.
- Ability to assist in providing professional leadership to organize, administer, and provide support for a creative school program.
- Ability to assist in establishing an optimal learning environment within the school.
- Ability to ensure all school programs and activities conform to State and District guidelines.
- Ability to assist in establishing a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and constructively with members of the school district and community.
- Ability to be flexible to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, meeting deadlines as assigned.
- Work to implement the vision and mission of the District.
- Ability to work with technology/computer systems especially as they relate to the teaching and learning process.
- Ability to supervise, direct, motivate and collaborate with the building principal to improve teaching and learning within the school/s.
- Ability to model commitment and dedication to work.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision, and complete work in an efficient manner.
- A valid Arizona teaching certificate.
- Ability to support the functions of the school including student discipline and other supervisory duties as assigned by the principal.
- Ability to assist the principal and administrative team in the overall administration of the school.
- Ability to keep current on changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing concerns of mutual interest with others in the field.
- Ability to attend extracurricular activities scheduled during the day or in the evening.
- Ability to instill and promote quality instructional programs in the school and to ensure high levels of achievement from all students.
- Ability to implement and follow all District health and safety policies.
- Ability to perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the principal.
Roosevelt School District
TITLE: School Leader Intern
CLASSIFICATION: Teacher Salary Schedule
Grant funded position contingent on continued external funding.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: The School Leader Intern develops building-level administrative skills by assisting the Principal and other members of the administrative team in providing professional leadership to organize, administer, and provide support for a creative school program.
A Master’s degree or higher, with a major in educational administration or supervision.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years’ successful classroom teaching experience and/or other related experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten-month, teacher on a special assignment salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of administrative staff.
This is an outline of the position’s duties and responsibilities. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list and may change from time to time to meet the needs of the District.