20/21 SY - Procurement and Asset Specialist
- 20/21 SY - Procurement and Asset Specialist JobID: 1831
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Procurement and Asset Specialist
- Supervise purchasing and warehouse operations.
- Initiate and prepare requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for qualifications (RFQs), bids and other related documents including notices, instructions to bidders, advertisements and Governing Board agenda items based on District needs, policy, and procurement code.
- Monitor vendor purchases for compliance to District policy and procurement code.
- Maintain a bid and RFP calendar.
- Work collaboratively with District staff and vendors in establishing specifications of the nature of products and/or services.
- Maintain vendor and bid files in compliance with State Record Retention Guidelines.
- Study price trends and market conditions, and keep informed of available sources of supplies and new products.
- Initiate, maintain, and provide to all pertinent staff a listing of sources and cost of frequently purchased items.
- Receive and process requisitions expeditiously and/or hold and open requisition requests verifying the account coding, funding source, and vendor.
- Plan, organize, control, and direct all activities of the Warehouse including the receipt, storage and distribution of supplies and equipment.
- Plan, coordinate, audit and maintain inventory of fixed assets and update annually suitable for compliance with GASB 34 and insurance standards.
- Conduct sales and disposal of surplus equipment and materials according to District policy and State law; maintain inventory on surplus equipment.
- Coordinate the management of District and Warehouse inventory.
- Supervise the maintenance of computerized stores inventory listing, catalogues, purchasing system and reports.
- Coordinate and supervise delivery of all goods and materials, District and U.S. mail.
- Establish, maintain, review and evaluate inventory control systems to ensure that the warehouse is appropriately stocked.
- Provide work direction and supervise purchasing and accounts payable staff to establish an effective workflow and timelines.
- Provide training in the requisition process, procurement guidelines, warehouse ordering, inventory process and asset management.
- Attend in-service training.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- A high level of English proficiency is required.
- Ability to communicate state and District purchasing practices.
CLASSIFICATION: Business and Financial Services – Classified Technical Professional Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
SUMMARY: The Procurement and Asset Specialist will be responsible for the proper accountability of district property and assets and for the efficient and cost-effective purchase of supplies, products, and equipment for the District within the District guidelines and state procurement codes.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Five-years related experience is preferred with two-years experience in public schools.
The work environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, classified/exempt, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.