20/21 SY - Preschool Teacher
- 20/21 SY - Preschool Teacher JobID: 1895
- Position Type:
Teacher - K-5/Early Childhood
- Date Posted:
Bernard Black Elementary
- Closing Date:
until filled   TITLE: Preschool Teacher
- Implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children 3, 4, and 5 years old.
- Participates daily in team planning of curriculum with the teaching assistant and other staff, encouraging and using appropriate input from parents.
- Completes and maintain all necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Implements and follows federal regulations, state, and local licensing requirements, as well as health and safety policies and procedures.
- Conducts home visits and parent/teacher conferences as required by Head Start Performance Standards.
- Implements and inputs the required child assessment program, program data information, and other data requirements utilizing the program’s tracking system.
- Coordinates activities of support staff and service providers.
- Works cooperatively with support staff in the provision of direct services and the development of goals for children with disabilities.
- Oversees maintenance and inventory of classroom supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Maintains appropriate education certification or credentials as required by Head Start Performance Standards.
- Plans, organizes, and attends parent meetings and training as needed or required.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with each family to encourage meaningful participation in the Head Start program.
- Works collaboratively with preschool staff and campus personnel.
- Interacts comfortably and empathetically with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Provides incidental first aide as needed and report incident to Head Start office.
- Arranges the physical environment and daily curriculum to reflect a developmentally appropriate, anti-bias, multicultural approach.
- Participates in annual program assessments.
- Has knowledge of standard assessment tools including ECERS-R, CLASS & TSG.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with agency policy and legal requirements.
- Respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, and children.
- Adhere to Standards of Conduct and district policies and procedures.
- Attend all required and mandated meetings and trainings and seek out professional development opportunities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Arizona Endorsement Subject Specific
- Appropriately Certified
- Fingerprint clearance
- Negative TB clearance within last 12 months,
- Current immunizations
- First Aide certificates
- Food Handler's card.
- Ability to relate to needs of low-income families.
- Willingness to pursue additional training in job-related areas.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to interpret local, state, and federal regulations, policies, and procedures related to the job.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, kneels, push and pull 25 pounds.
- Physical examination required.
- Ability to maintain a safe learning environment. WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment is a normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Director
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Early Childhood Director, the Preschool
teacher will implement a high quality school readiness program for eligible
children and families in an interactive and safe learning environment.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.