20/21 SY Parapro III Librarian - Bush
- 20/21 SY Parapro III Librarian - Bush JobID: 1672
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals-School Based
- Date Posted:
M.O. Bush Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Paraprofessional III – Library
(All categories for regular and special education children – including SLD, MR, ED, OI, SLI, OHI, TBI, VI, HI, MDSSI, MD and preschool PSD, PMD, and PSD)
CLASSIFICATION: School Site – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Principal with work direction from assigned teacher(s)
SUMMARY: The paraprofessional III will provide instructional and non-instructional (clerical) support
for the assigned teacher(s).
1. Provide instruction and classroom management services under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher.
2. Provide instruction to individual students and small groups of students.
3. Assist in developing and preparing instructional materials and training modules.
4. Assist with the establishment and reinforcement of acceptable student behavior, attitudes, and social skills.
5. Assist with student enrichment activities including field trips, art, music, drama, and recreation.
6. Provide assistance to students with physical limitations.
7. Assist students with personal care needs.
8. Assist with record keeping for the instructional program and student records.
9. Assist with the inventory and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
10. Monitor and assist with transporting students to and from school and on field trips.
11. Monitor and assist students during meal and recess periods.
12. Maintain schedule established by supervising teacher.
13. Use a variety of activities and materials approved by the supervising teacher.
14. Work effectively with general and special education teachers.
15. Supervise students as assigned by principal.
16. Assist with student testing administration and scoring.
17. Assist classroom teacher with general cleanup and preparation.
18. Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
19. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency and an AA degree or 60 hours of college credits or a passing score on a paraprofessional test.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Previous experience in working with individuals with physical and learning needs.
• English proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators of the targeted community.
• Able to work with detail and have patience and understanding of the basic learning process.
• Good emotional and physical health.
• Able to bend, lift 40 pounds, and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.