20/21 SY - ESS Health Office Lead Nurse
- 20/21 SY - ESS Health Office Lead Nurse JobID: 1807
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
TITLE: Health Office Lead Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Certified Non-Teacher
REPORTS TO: Director for Exceptional Student Services
SUMMARY: The Health Office Lead Nurse is responsible for providing leadership in the establishment and management of coordinated school health according to Arizona State laws and regulations as well as RSD policies that govern nursing and school health.
1. Use the nursing process to provide leadership in the planning and implementation of health care for students in collaboration with educational staff, families and students
2. Establish quality assurance guidelines and evaluation of nursing care in the school district according to professional nursing standards, regulations and policies
3. Work with community agencies to coordinate school health
4. Provide guidance to the school district on health regulations and policies
5. Resolution of conflicts with parents, staff and students that involve school nurses
6. Assist with ordering and maintaining necessary supplies for the school nurses and the district as needed, this includes budgeting
7. Participate in hiring, training, assigning and coordinating the orientation of new nursing staff
8. Build systems, protocols and provide technical assistance for school health offices
9. Monitoring and reporting communicable diseases in the school population and following orders as directed by the public health service district
10. Participate in Crisis Team if needed
11. Complete annual evaluations on all nursing staff
12. Conduct regular staff meetings to discuss regulation, changes, and concerns
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing
Master's degree is preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Arizona Registered Nurse license current and in good standing
CPR/First Aid current
Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
One (1) year in of Nursing Supervisory is preferred.
Two (2) years of Nursing experience with children and adolescents is preferred
? Knowledge of community resources
? Ability to work effectively with District and school site administrators, teachers, support staff, parents and community agencie
? Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate
The working environment is the health office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Nine (9) month year, Nurse Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified Nurse staff.