20/21 SY - ESS - Behavior Specialist/Clinican - Behavior Support Program (2 positions)
- 20/21 SY - ESS - Behavior Specialist/Clinican - Behavior Support Program (2 positions) JobID: 1803
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Develop/assist with individual behavior management programs for students in the classroom or inclusion settings.
- Train staff on behavioral management programs/strategies.
- Provide program/individual staff consultation on design/implementation of behavior intervention programs/strategies/plans.
- Facilitate team consultation with classroom teachers, related service providers, paraprofessionals and site administration.
- Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments and Classroom Needs Assessments.
- Schedule and document personal provision of services to students, as outlined on IEP’s.
- Engage in social-behavioral elements of annual IEP process (attendance at meetings, updating present levels, development of goals, BIP’s, etc.) as needed.
- Assist in crisis intervention and site behavioral management planning.
- Assist in team building and support a positive work environment, regular consultation with staff about various organizational issues, participation in weekly Leadership and Intervention Team meeting.
- Provide a range of clinical services; provide individual counseling on an as needed basis, conduct crisis interventions, e.g., suicide assessments, danger to other assessments, child protective service reports. Conduct behavioral plans on an as needed basis. Consult with parents; interface with probation officers and outside community agencies in efforts to support behavioral and academic needs of students. Assist with Behavior Intervention Program clinical goals and Assist with IEP’s.
- Interpret/Review Behavior Intervention Program data.
- Collaborate and communicate with site leadership teams to facilitate effectiveness in program functioning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling or other related field is required
- Master's degree is preferred.
- License or Certification in psychology, counseling or a related field; or
- A valid Arizona Teacher Certificate.
- One (1) year in a related field working with families and children is preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to work effectively with District and school site administrators, teachers, support staff, parents and community agencies.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate
TITLE: Behavior Specialist/Clinican
REPORTS TO: School Administrator
SUMMARY: The Behavior Specialist/Clinican is responsible for providing social/emotional and counseling support to children.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
WORKING CONDTIONS: The working environment is the normal classroom setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine (9) month year, Salary Schedule YTBD, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.