20/21 SY - Director of Teacher Effectiveness and Instruction
- 20/21 SY - Director of Teacher Effectiveness and Instruction JobID: 1809
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Director of Teacher Effectiveness and Instruction
- Work collaboratively with the Director for Social Emotional Learning, Director of Federal Programs and Grants, Director of ESS, and the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning to facilitate the development of the District RTI model.
- Works collaboratively with the Director for Teacher Effectiveness and other Directors in the Division to facilitate the creation of the District professional development plan.
- Works collaboratively with the Data and Evaluation Specialist and the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning to facilitate the development of the District Academic Assessment Plan.
- Supervises the development, and implementation of standards-based curriculum across all content areas.
- Supervises the selection, ordering, and implementation of Tier1 and Tier 2 materials for all content areas.
- Supervises the management of all GIFTED requirements and budget.
- Supervises the management of all ELL requirements and OCR mandates in regards to English learners.
- Supervises the Math, Language Acquisition, Science and Enrichment, and ELA/Social Studies Specialists.
- Assists the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning in the management of MOWR requirements and budget.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director for Teaching and Learning and the other Directors in the Division, attends and provides administrative supervision during District extra-curricular and supplementary student learning experiences.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of school law
- Knowledge of data analysis, curriculum, and instruction
- Knowledge of effective structures for collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated skill for organizing coordinating, supervising and evaluating programs
- Understanding and experience in the best practices for English Language Learners (ELL) and gifted learners
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting
CLASSIFICATION: District Office Administrator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Teaching and Learning
SUMMARY: The Director of Teacher Effectiveness
Bachelor or Master Degree in Education or Related Field
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Arizona’s Teaching Certification (K-8);
Valid Arizona Administrator Certificate
3 years of leadership experience related to performance responsibilities
Principal experience preferred
The work environment is the standard office and school settings.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month exempt in accordance with the District Office Administrator Salary Schedule. Employee benefits in accordance with Governing Board polices.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy.