20/21 Lead Nurse (INTERNAL ONLY)
- 20/21 Lead Nurse (INTERNAL ONLY) JobID: 1929
- Position Type:
20/21 SY - Internal
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Lead Nurse Stipend
- Use the nursing process to provide leadership in the planning and implementation of health care for students in collaboration with educational staff, families and students
- Monitor assurance guidelines and provide guidance to the school district on health regulations and policies
- Work with community agencies to coordinate school health
- Assist in resolving conflicts with parents, staff and students that involve school nurses and health office staff
- Assist with ordering and maintaining necessary supplies for the school nurses and the district as needed, this includes budgeting
- As, needed participate in hiring, training, assigning and coordinating the orientation of new nursing and health office staff
- Maintain systems, protocols and provide technical assistance for school health offices
- Monitoring and reporting communicable diseases in the school population and following orders as directed by the public health service district
- Participate in Crisis Team if needed
- Assist with annual evaluations on all nursing and health office staff
- Conduct regular staff meetings to discuss regulation, changes, and concerns
- Other health office related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Arizona registered Nurse license current and in good standing
- CPR/First Aid current
- Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- One year in of Nursing Supervisory is preferred.
- Two years of Nursing experience with children and adolescents is preferred
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work effectively with District and school site administrators, teachers, support staff, parents and community agency
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate
- The working environment is the health office setting.
- Nine-month year, Nurse Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified Nurse staff.
CLASSIFICATION: Certified Non-Teacher
REPORTS TO: Social and Emotional Learning Direction
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing leadership in the establishment and management of coordinated school health according to Arizona State laws and regulations as well as RSD policies that govern nursing and school health.
COMPENSATION: $5,000.00 Stipend
WORK YEAR: Yearly
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: