19/20 SY Van Driver
- 19/20 SY Van Driver JobID: 1584
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Valid Arizona Driver's License
- Department of Transportation Physical
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must be available for extra duty assignments
- Must have the ability to make decisions in a variety of situations regarding priorities and effectively handling emergencies.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
- Able to physically bend, climb, stoop, kneel, lift 60 pounds and reach to load and unload disabled students and/or move students for safety or in emergency situations.
- Must have a command of the English language to provide answers to routine inquiries, to explain safety procedures and to communicate with others in obtaining information.
TITLE: School Van Driver
CLASSIFICATION: Transportation Department - Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
SUMMARY: The school van driver will transport children for school purposes in a safe and efficient manner.
1. Obey all traffic laws, Arizona Department of Transportation rules and Roosevelt School District policies and procedures, and observe all mandatory safety regulations.
2. Transport only authorized students on assigned routes, to and from school.
3. Comply with mandatory safety regulations by inspecting the van before each operation for mechanical defects and notifying the proper authority of any mechanical failure.
4. Ensure van cleanliness, both inside and outside. Check the van after each run for lost items and/or damage.
5. Maintain discipline and supervision while transporting only authorized students, report undisciplined students to the proper authority and pickup and discharge only at authorized stops.
6. Inform students about safety requirements.
7. Report verbally all accidents immediately and follow-up with a written report within 24 hours.
8. Attend in-service meetings.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Arizona Driver's License
Department of Transportation Physical
The working environment is primarily a school van operating in all weather extremes and includes exposure to vehicular traffic, vehicle fumes and odors, noise and vibrations.
TERMS OF EMPLOYEMENT: Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.