19/20 SY Receptionist Part Time - Bernard Black
- 19/20 SY Receptionist Part Time - Bernard Black JobID: 1720
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals-School Based
- Date Posted:
Bernard Black Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: School Receptionist-School Site
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
SUMMARY: The receptionist will provide office and general clerical services to assist the School Building Staff.
1. Serve as public relations liaison in answering telephones, taking messages, returning telephone calls, and receiving visitors.
2. Provide a positive School/District image for all visitors and personnel requesting information or services.
3. Provide information for general inquiries.
4. Operate the telephone system to relay incoming and inter-office telephone calls.
5. Maintain an updated list of phone numbers for directing inquiries.
6. Provide general clerical and typing services to the Building staff as needed, receiving visitors, answering telephones.
7. Provides translation services as needed.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency.
Professional secretarial training is preferred.
Related office experience.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of department functions.
• High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Bilingual, English and Spanish, verbal and written skills required.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word and applications. Use standard office equipment including copy machine, printer, and fax.
• Ability to work with detail and with a high degree of accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
• Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
The work environment is the normal office setting
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Nine month year, not to exceed 29 hours weekly, non-contracted