19/20 SY Parapro I Headstart - Bush
- 19/20 SY Parapro I Headstart - Bush JobID: 1623
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals-School Based/Paraprofessional Preschool/Headstart
- Date Posted:
M.O. Bush Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Teacher Assistant/ Para Pro I
- Assist the teacher in developing and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children 3, 4, and 5 years old.
- Participate daily in team planning of curriculum with the teaching assistant and other staff, encouraging and using appropriate input from parents.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Assist the teacher in implementing and monitoring federal, state, and local health and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist the teacher in conducting home visits and parent/teacher conferences as required by Head Start Performance Standards.
- Assist the teacher in training and supervising staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Assist the teacher in coordinating the activities of support staff and service providers.
- Assist the teacher in overseeing the team developmental assessment of each child and develop individual goals.
- Work cooperatively with support staff in the provision of direct services and the development of goals for children with disabilities.
- Assist the teacher in overseeing the maintenance and inventory of classroom supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Maintain appropriate education certification or credentials as required by Head Start Performance Standards.
- Assist the teacher in planning, organizing, and attending parent meetings and training as needed or required.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with each family to encourage meaningful participation in the Head Start program.
- Assist the teacher in reviewing the needs and progress of each family monthly.
- Interact comfortably and empathetically with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide incidental first aide as needed and report incident to Head Start office.
- Assist the teacher in arranging the physical environment and daily curriculum to reflect a developmentally appropriate, anti-bias, multicultural approach.
- Participate in annual program assessments.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Eighteen years of age. Ability to relate to needs of low-income families.
- Willingness to pursue additional training in job-related areas.
- Must have a reliable transportation.
- Ability to interpret local, state, and federal regulations, policies, and procedures related to the job.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, kneel, push and pull 25 pounds. Physical examination required.
- Ability to maintain a safe, learning environment.
CLASSIFICATION: Head Start – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Head Start Teacher
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Head Start teacher, the Head Start teaching assistant will work closely with teachers, parents, and agencies with support and training to enhance the Head Start program and student achievement.
High school diploma or equivalent and meet the requirements of No Child Left Behind (NCLB).
Coursework in early childhood education and child development preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Provide evidence of fingerprint clearance, negative TB clearance within last 12 months, current immunizations, CPR, and First Aide certificates and Food Handler’s card.
Six-months experience with preschool children.
The work environment is a normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.