19/20 SY - Instructional Coach
- 19/20 SY - Instructional Coach JobID: 1635
- Position Type:
Certified Coach-Teacher on Assignment
- Date Posted:
Irene Lopez Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Instructional Coach
- Master's Degree in Education preferred.LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Arizona Teacher certificate
- AZ Endorsement Subject Specific
- Highly Qualified in core academic subjects
- Fingerprint Clearance CardEXPERIENCE:
- Experience with curriculum and assessment.
- Experience with coaching teachers and providing specific feedback.
- Experience with research-based instructional interventions.
- Experience with adult learners
- Experience developing and presenting effective professional development
- Experience with data and task analysis
- Strong pedagogical knowledge of research-based best practices
- Must have experience with computers and be able to utilize a variety of software including developing PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, and Excel documents.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise personnel and ensure program effectiveness.
- Must have an ability to work cooperatively with staff at all levels including principals, teachers, directors and supervisors.
- The working environment is the normal office setting with travel to a school site.
- Ten-month employee, Certified Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Governing Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy on evaluation of administrative staff.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Teaching & Learning
SUMMARY: Under general supervision the role of the Instructional Coach is to provide systematic, explicit coaching support to teachers in order to promote increased student achievement. The instructional coach will adhere to a coaching cycle which will include conferencing, data collection and specific feedback. The coach's role is not evaluative, rather assists in formative development of teacher growth, in alignment with the district-adopted teacher evaluation instrument. The coach will also be responsible for developing and providing professional development related to the needs of the school, as determined by multiple sources of data.
1. Utilize the district-approved evaluation instrument to provide teachers specific feedback on instructional effectiveness.
2. Utilize the coaching cycle (pre-conference, observation/data collection, post-conference) to support teachers and increase instructional effectiveness.
3. Facilitate grade-level meetings.
4. Conduct classroom observations and provide specific feedback to teachers at assigned school based on the teacher evaluation instrument for teacher effectiveness.
5. Design and provide site-based professional development in conjunction with school-specific trend data that is gathered through coaching, walk-through observations, and student achievement data.
6. Maintain a coaching log to document observations, coaching sessions, and other job-related activities.
7. Attends relevant local, State and Federal conferences, trainings, webinars and meetings.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: