19/20 SY - Health Aide - Campbell
- 19/20 SY - Health Aide - Campbell JobID: 1708
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals-School Based
- Date Posted:
Cloves Campbell Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Health Aide
- Assist students with physical tasks including personal care, grooming, dressing, toileting, diapering, mobility, feeding, and disposal of bodily fluids as stated in the student’s individualized education plan.
- Assist the school nurse or therapist in medical situations arising from specialized equipment including bags, feeding tubes, respiratory devices, wheelchair, and therapy equipment.
- Transport students to on-site community-based or extracurricular activities to meet the needs as stated in the student’s individualized education plan.
- Assist with lifting and positioning students.
- Assist with restraints.
- Assist with student enrichment activities such as field trips, art, music, music, drama, and recreational experiences.
- Provide hands-on assistance to students with physical limitations.
- Assist with record keeping.
- Assist with inventory and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain schedule as developed by supervising teacher.
- Bill for Medicaid services rendered.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administration.
- Good emotional and physical health .
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds and push or pull 75 pounds.
CLASSIFICATION: Special Needs Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Assistant Superintendent for Special Needs
SUMMARY: The health aide will provide assistance to special needs students who are physically, mentally, and/or emotionally challenged in order for students to gain the full benefit of the special education program.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: CPR and First Aide certificates for infants, children and adults.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in working with severely handicapped students or young adults is preferred as well as experience working with learning disabled individuals.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, Part Time
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.