19/20 SY - Headstart Teacher
- 19/20 SY - Headstart Teacher JobID: 1688
- Position Type:
Teacher-Early Childhood/Teacher - Early Childhood
- Date Posted:
Cloves Campbell Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Headstart Teacher
- Develop and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children 3, 4, and 5 years old.
- Participate daily in team planning of curriculum with the teaching assistant and other staff, encouraging and using appropriate input from parents.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Implement and monitor federal, state, and local health and safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct home visits and parent/teacher conferences as required by Head Start Performance Standards.
- Train and supervise staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Coordinate the activities of support staff and service providers.
- Oversee the team developmental assessment of each child and develop individual goals.
- Work cooperatively with support staff in the provision of direct services and the development of goals for children with disabilities.
- Oversee maintenance and inventory of classroom supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Maintain appropriate education certification or credentials as required by Head Start Performance Standards.
- Plan, organize, and attend parent meetings and training as needed or required.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with each family to encourage meaningful participation in the Head Start program.
- Review needs and progress of each family monthly.
- Interact comfortably and empathetically with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide incidental first aide as needed and report incident to Head Start office.
- Arrange the physical environment and daily curriculum to reflect a developmentally appropriate, anti-bias, multicultural approach.
- Participate in annual program assessments.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Arizona Endorsement Subject Specific
- Appropriately Certified
- Fingerprint clearance
- Negative TB clearance within last 12 months,
- Current immunizations
- First Aide certificates
- Food Handler's card.
- Ability to relate to needs of low-income families.
- Willingness to pursue additional training in job-related areas.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to interpret local, state, and federal regulations, policies, and procedures related to the job.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, kneel, push and pull 25 pounds.
- Physical examination required.
- Ability to maintain a safe learning environment.
REPORTS TO: Headstart Lead Teacher
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Head Start Lead Teacher, the Head
Start teacher will work closely with other teachers, parents,
and agencies to provide support and training to enhance the
Head Start program and student achievement.
The work environment is a normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Certified Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.