19/20 SY Data System Administrator
- 19/20 SY Data System Administrator JobID: 1659
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Data System Administrator
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and network problems with District servers and connected network devices.
- Install, configuration, administer and maintains network servers.
- Install and maintains network appliances.
- Install and maintains Active Directory Services
- Install and maintains Virtual Environments
- Create Installation packages for supported computer operating systems including Windows 7, 8 and 10, Macintosh X 10.8 and Up.
- Advanced troubleshooting of supported software applications.
- Assist Technology Supervisor in evaluating new technologies.
- Testing new software and hardware products or versions.
- Provide technical assistance to Computer Technicians.
- Maintain current backups and accurate records of district data systems.
- Responds to service calls dispatched by the Help Desk Technician.
- Perform occasional night and weekend work as directed by supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Expert knowledge of sever operating systems including Windows 8 and 10, and server, Macintosh OS X , Citrix Metaframe and other thin clients.
- Expert Knowledge of Server hardware installation and maintenance.
- Expert Knowledge of DHCP, TCP/IP, PPP, NetBEUI, Ethernet, ICA and IIS.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft exchange server and Websense (EIM).
- Knowledge of printer server installation and maintenance.
- Skilled in diagnoses and correction of software, hardware and advanced high speed network problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Skilled in installing, configuration, and administration of server software.
- Skilled in the installation, configuration, and administration of network server devices.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to stand all day
- Ability to sit all day.
- Ability to work on a ladder and in high places
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Must have strong detailed knowledge and experience with Servers operating in a large network environment, server internals, and connecting a wide variety of peripherals.
- Solid expertise should exist in the following area: Citrix Metaframe, Terminal server, Windows server installation, configuration, and administration, disaster recovery, TCP/IP, print servers, PC backup Utilities, Networking, Internet protocols, Windows 7, 8, and 10 Memory Management, and Anti-Virus Software.
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
SUMMARY: Provides expert services and guidance to Computer Technicians, faculty and staff with their needs regarding advanced Data System Connectivity and Data management, which comply with the District data network Environment standards as established by The Department of Technology. This position Reports to the Supervisor of Technology.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Completion of appropriate technical training programs, and system certification courses.
Must have valid AZ driver's license and good driving record.
6 years of computer service experience which includes three year in an educational environment or any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by technology Department.
The work environment conditions include poor lighting, exposure to dirt and dust, extreme seasonal temperatures, and noise and vibrations from machinery.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, professional exempt, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.