19/20 SY - CNS Assistant Part Time
- 19/20 SY - CNS Assistant Part Time JobID: 868
- Position Type:
Child Nutrition Services
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Kitchen Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Child Nutrition Services - Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Cafeteria Manager
SUMMARY: As a member of the school cafeteria staff, under the direct supervision of the cafeteria manager, the kitchen assistant will assist in preparing and serving high quality foods with appearance and taste that is acceptable to students and maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe environment in the food preparation and service areas.
1. Assist with food preparation.
2. Serve food from the serving line.
3. Replenish serving line and salad bar.
4. Count and record food portions.
5. Follow established procedures for the National School Lunch Program.
6. Prepare and clean counters, tables, and kitchen and dining furnishings.
7. Wash and sterilize dishes, pots, pans, utensils, and other equipment.
8. Shelve and store food, supplies, dishes, pans, and other items.
9. Attend in service meetings.
10. Perform other job-related duties as directed.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Maricopa County Health Department Food Handler's Card.
• Physical ability to lift and carry 30 pounds, push food carts, bend, and reach, as well as stand for extended periods.
• English proficiency to be able to communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
• Knowledge and practice of health and safety standards.
• Ability to safely operate commercial appliances and follow established safety practices.
The working environment is in the cafeteria kitchen and dining room that includes exposure to noise and vibrations from kitchen equipment, fumes and odors from grease traps, and heat from stoves and ovens.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, 5-hour employee.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 868